Tuesday 16 November 2010

Hibernation.


Winter touched our corner of the world this morning as the first frost danced across the crisp green grass and embellished the russet leaves of the park. I however was in bed at the time, busy being warm and rested, and so the lovely picture was related to me by Bike Boy on his return from a morning run. 6.30am is a ridiculous time for any human to be outside of their front door so I took these photos a few hours later on my way to work. I
t is just so difficult to leave for the office when the home corner of the city is so achingly beautiful (in an urban sort of way, with a reassuring splash of concrete at the bottom of the photo).



As my last box of winter warming clothes has been emptied and replaced with a few sad looking summer dresses that will not see the light of day again for six months, I began today a battle of the winter wills, as the urge to hibernate and listen to talking books 24 hours a day while crocheting an alpaca cocoon around myself takes hold.

But it is not yet time for hibernation... although even foxy looked a little grouchy this morning...



So I pulled myself together for a terribly productive day of work with nice happy sunny people, followed by a virtuous (interesting yet lengthy) art panel discussion and then an unusually satisfying close to the day with a glass of 10p wine (two glasses for some) and a little light conversation at The Empress of India. Yes dear reader, you can really, actually, truly, honestly, purchase an alcoholic beverage for only ten pence in this fair city - however only for the next 5 days and only at 10pm on the dot. See 10p Sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment