Wednesday 27 April 2011

Hats and shawls.


My winter hibernation allowed for a little light crochet activity. The last minute Christmas presents were passed on to new homes all too quickly to document but a series of teeny tiny spring hats hovered in our living room just long enough for a snap. The purple, lilac and pink hat now belongs to Sophia, the coral and cream hat to Evie and the grey, pink and cream hat to a 'shundor furi' waiting to be named. Welcome to the world little ladies!
The yarn is a mixture of Rico merino and Sublime cashmere/merino - both widely available.

When photographed from above the hats remind me somewhat of Ofili painting attachments - my crochet smells a little sweeter however.



After a round of quicker projects I was ready for a slow burner and using this exquisite Old Maiden Aunt yarn in the 'strange rock n' rollers' colourway, I crocheted a flowery little number as an incredibly late thanksgiving gift for a small friend - 'Amelia's Shawl'.



Now on to 'Mylo's Blanket', I could be a while...


No comments:

Post a Comment